Muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go, and as an easy after school or workout snack. These gluten free muffins also have The Amazon PowrBlend added to them to help provide more nutrients that support the body.
What You Need |
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 3/4 cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed Meal
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Dairy-Free Milk (Almond, Soy, Goat etc.)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 TBSP Melted Coconut Oil (You Can Also Use Other Vegetable Oils Here)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 16 packets of The Amazon PowrBlend
- Medium Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Muffin tin for 16 Muffins
What To Do |
- In a small saucepan, bring water to boil over high heat. Add in oats. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until oatmeal is think and tender, about ten minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a Muffin Tin with paper liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, brown sugar, sorghum flour, ground flax meal, tapioca starch, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Once whisked add in cooked oatmeal, dairy-free milk, applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and The Amazon PowrBlend. Whisk until batter forms and is mixed well.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Fill each muffin about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake until golden brown. About 20 mins. (Insert a toothpick in the center of each muffin to make sure it comes out clean.)
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 3 minutes. Turn muffins out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- ENJOY NOW or to Save for later cover them and they will last for 3 days. If you freeze them they will last for up to 6 weeks, be sure they are cool before freezing.