When we think of Halloween the first thing that comes to mind is candy. While candy is a fun treat it is not healthy for us to eat a lot of it. That’s why at 1ViZN we came up with some Healthy Halloween Treats, that are just as delicious as they are healthy! Here are 3 recipes that everyone love!
Ghost Bananas (serves 6)
- 6 bananas
- Chocolate Chips – Mini and/or Regular Size (you can substitute with raisins)
- Peel the Bananas and cut in half. Place the cut side down so the Banana halves stand up.
- Use 2 mini chocolate chips for the Ghost eyes and the large chocolate chips for the Ghost mouth. If using Raisins cut them in half for the eyes.
Pumpkin Tangerines (serves 6)
- 6 Tangerines
- 1-2 Stalks of Celery
- Peel the Tangerines
- Cut Celery length wise into thirds and then across into 1/2 inch pieces. Insert the Celery pieces into the Tangerines to resemble Pumpkin Stalks.
Apple Monster Mouths (serves 8)
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
- Mini Marshmallows (you can substitute with yogurt covered raisins)
- Take an Apple quarter and slice it length wise in half and then half again.
- Spread Peanut Butter on one side of each Apple slice.
- Line Marshmallows or Yogurt Covered Raisins on one Apple slice to resemble teeth
- Place another Apple slice Peanut Butter side down (like a sandwich) to complete the Monster Mouth!