February is not just the month of love it also is American Heart Month. Today is Valentine’s Day, a day where we show those dear to our hearts how much we love them. What better way to show those you care about then to keep your heart healthy.
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the United States for men and women. Yes, you read that correctly. So what can we do to protect our organ of love? Below are 5 tips on what you can do to show your heart some love.
1. Maintain a healthy Body Weight. Learn about how 1ViZN Products can help you.
2. Stop Smoking. It is known that smoking can cause damage to your lungs, but it can also damage your heart.
3. Get Active. Your heart is a muscle and like any other muscle you need to work it. The American Heart Association recommends to get 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity 5 days a week or 25 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity 3 days a week.
4. Chill Out. Stress happens, find the right way to react to it. When we are stressed out or under pressure our body produces adrenaline, which can overwork our hearts. One way to help is to exercise, hop on the treadmill or the yoga mat. Exercise helps the body learn how to handle to stress.
5. Catch Some Zzzz’s. Sleep is when our body recovers and reboots, which is important for all aspects of our health. You can’t feel good if you aren’t giving your body time to restore itself. When you are asleep, your heart rate and blood pressure go down, giving your heart a much needed break. Without sleep, you can get stressed out and will start to crave fuel from high-calorie foods – which aren’t always heart healthy.