On Monday, Founding Distributors Paul and Cathy Wright hosted a LiveStream Training. One of the things they talked about was comfort zones and how to be successful by learning how to break out of them. What exactly is a comfort zone? Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary defines it as, “a place, situation, or level where someone feels confident and comfortable.” In this context, comfort zones don’t seem bad, so why do we need to break out of them?
Ronald Regan said, “There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.” Our comfort zones restrain our progress whether it be in our personal or business life. If we continue to live only with what is comfortable our progress to success will become stagnant.
When you push out of your comfort zone you are in a space known as “optimal anxiety.” This is a place where you are motivated to succeed and increase your productivity, yet not so anxious that your performance or health is hindered. Studies show that a little anxiety may focus your efforts and help you perform at your peak.
Breaking out of your comfort zone has benefits including:
- Help you become more productive. If you are comfortable, you get on “autopilot.” Having a little stress makes it possible for you to challenge yourself.
- Change is easier to deal with. Change is a part of life. If you develop the ability to adapt by taking controlled risks, you are prepared to handle life changes that force you out of your comfort zone.
- Get the creative juices flowing. New experiences can help you be more creative by opening a door to learning new knowledge and skills. This will inspire you to brainstorm in different ways and come up with ideas and solutions you may never thought of.
What can you do to push yourself?
- Change up everyday things. Eat at a new restaurant. Follow up with someone in person instead of by phone. Change up your exercise routine. Try looking at life from a new perspective.
- If you struggle talking to strangers, just say hello and go from there.
- Learn a new skill. Have you wanted to learn how to cook, speak a second language, or sew? Challenge yourself to do it now.
- Visit new places. Whether it is across the street or around the world, this will open you up to new perspectives.
Stepping out of your comfort zone will help you on your journey of health, wellness, and financial freedom. For more tips living a healthy lifestyle, subscribe to our blog below and check out our Facebook Page.