This week’s ingredient spotlight is Cacao, found in the Amazon PowrBlend. Cacao is the dried fermented fatted seed of Theobrama Cacao. It is the basis for chocolate and where cocao solids and cocoa butter can be extracted. The cacao tree is native to the Americas and is believed to have originated from the foothills of the Andes in the Amazon and Orinoco basins of South America which is current day Colombia and Venezuela.
Cacao has many health benefits including:
- Helps Improve Mood
- Helps Balance Hormonal Mood Swings
- Promotes Cardiovascular Health
- Helps Boost Energy & Combat Fatigue
- Promotes Healthy Hair & Nails
- Supports Healthy Blood Pressure
- Helps Improve Cognitive Function
Cacao is packed full of antioxidants, polyphenoals, and flavanoids. Cacao is also high in many other nutrients including:
- Monounsaturated fat
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Vitamin E
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B9
Cacao is delicious, but it is full of essential nutrients, providing fantastic health benefits. That is why we put it in our Amazon PowrBlend.
Fun Facts About Cacao:
- There is about 30-50 Cacao Beans in each Cacao Pod
- There are three main varieties of the Cocao plant – Forastero, Criollo, and Trinitario
- Cocao trees grow only in tropical ares within 20° of latitude from the Equator
1ViZN is dedicated to providing only the best products made with top of the line ingredients. To learn more about our products and how you can live a happy and healthy lifestyle, subscribe to our blog below and check out our Facebook Page.