This week’s ingredient spotlight is the grape, which can be found in our Amazon PowrBlend. Grapes are a fruiting berry from the woody vines of Genus Vitis. The cultivation of the grape began between 6,000 to 8,000 years ago in the Middle East. Yeast occurs naturally on the skin of grapes, which led to the innovation of alcoholic drinks such as wine. History attests to the ancient Greeks, Phoenicians, and Romans growing purple grapes for both eating and wine production. The growing of grapes would later spread to other regions in Europe, as well as North Africa and eventually in to North America.
Grapes are small round or oval berries that have semi-translucent flesh encased by a smooth skin. Grapes grow in clusters of 15-300 and can vary in color including: crimson, black, dark blue, yellow, green, orange, and pink.
These small berries are full of essentials nutrients, including the following vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B6
Grapes are a good source of antioxidants and phytonutrients including:
- Phenoclic Acids
Grapes also can help you improve your health such as the following:
- Supports Cardiovascular Health
- Lowers risk for excessive inflammation
- Supports Healthy Blood Pressure
- Promotes Healthy Cholesterol
- Promotes Healthy Blood Sugar Regulation
Fun Facts About Grapes
- 75,866 square kilometers of the world are dedicated to growing grapes
- 71% of the grape production is used for wine, 27% for fresh fruit, 2% for dried fruit
- There are more than 8,000 varieties of grapes
1ViZN is dedicated to giving everyone the opportunity to have the quality of life they deserve. This includes using only the best ingredients for our products. To learn more about our life changing products subscribe to our blog below and check out our Facebook page.