This week’s ingredient spotlight is the Banana. The banana belongs to the Musaceae family, native to tropical Indomalaya and Australia. It is believed that it was first domesticated in Papua, New Guinea. The Banana varies in size, color, and firmness, but is usually elongated and curved, with soft flesh, covered with rind which may be green, yellow, red, purple, or brown when ripe.
There are 2 main varieties of this fruit: bananas and plantains. Bananas are soft, sweet, and dessert-like, while plantains are firmer and starchier and used for cooking.
Bananas are full of vitamins and minerals that are essential for your health. These include the following:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
The nutrients in bananas help your body to work efficiently and effectively. Here a few ways bananas help your body’s health.
- Supports a Healthy Regular Digestive System
- Helps Balance Bifidobacteria (friendly bacteria) in the lower intestine
- Supports Healthy Blood Pressure
- Supports Healthy Cholesterol Levels
- Helps Reduce Your Risk of Heart disease
- Helps Prevent Muscle Cramps
The banana is not only delicious but is packed with essential nutrients. This is why we decided to put bananas in our Amazon PowrBlend.
Fun Facts about Bananas
- The type of Banana you see in the supermarket today is called a Cabendish Banana. The preferred variety was originally the Gros Michel, which essentially became extinct by 1960, because of a fungus called Panama disease that killed almost all the Banana Plants.
- Hawaii is the only place in the U.S that bananas are grown commercially.
- Bananas float in water
1ViZN is dedicated to providing only the best products made with top of the line ingredients. To learn more about our products and how you can live a happy and healthy lifestyle, subscribe to our blog below and check out our Facebook Page.