This week’s ingredient spotlight is Honey which is found in The Amazon PowrBlend. Honey is a sweet, sticky food made by bees foraging nectar from flowers. Honey is most commonly made by Honey Bees but can also be produced by: Bummblebees, Sting-less Bees, and Honey Wasps. Honey Bees convert nectar into honey by regurgitating and evaporation. Honey Bees store it as a primary food source in wax honeycombs in their beehive.
Honey is sweet from the monosaccharides fructose and glucose and has about the same relative sweetness as granulated sugar. Honey use and production has a varied history. Honey collection is an ancient activity, and is believed to started around 8,000 years ago.
Honey has shown in recent studies that it helps your health including:
- Helps Reduce Risk of Heart Disease
- Helps Boost the Amount of Antioxidants in the Blood
- Reduces cough and throat irritation
Honey is more than just a sweetener, it also contains many antioxidants including polyphenols. That is why we decided to put honey in our Amazon PowrBlend.
Fun Facts About Honey
- Honey stored in air tight containers never spoils. Sealed Honey vats were found in King Tut’s Tomb were still edible over 2,000 years later!
- Honey is a Hebrew word meaning enchant.
- Honey has a different flavor depending on what flowers the bee collects nectar from.
1ViZN is dedicated to providing only the best products made with top of the line ingredients. To learn more about our products and how you can live a happy and healthy lifestyle, subscribe to our blog below and check out our Facebook Page.